Our School Councillors are elected each year by their class. We have representatives from all year groups from Year 1 to 6. We have an important role to play in school and carry out duties such as:
- Tidy Ted’s Cloakroom Inspection
- Litter picking
- Interviewing candidates wanting to work at our school
- We also listen to ideas, suggestions and opinions from their classes and take on board those in the Suggestions Box which are discussed at meetings. Some of these are acted on to make changes e.g. getting new equipment to play with at playtimes based on suggestions, having different extra-curricular clubs on offer, improving choices of school dinners, organising special whole school events, etc.
- We raise money for charities or school through organising events e.g. talent show and cake sale for Children in Need.
- We campaign for change in things like parking and road safety near school, recycling and making our school environmentally friendly.